- Published: 07 October 2016 07 October 2016
- Hits: 6145 6145
as announced in the last PA Newsletter's article “Upcoming Talks”, these last months we have been working on the proposal to arrange an annual series of talks on school-related issues. We are glad to inform you that the first appointment with an expert advisor is coming soon.
The topic of the talk is “Social Media Use” and will be held by Dr. Patricia Napiorkowski Lubbe. The same topic will be delivered at school, for the benefit of some secondary school classes.
Here follows the complete program.
We look forward to seeing you at the forthcoming event
- Published: 26 September 2016 26 September 2016
- Hits: 2913 2913
Our school bus service is growing and the capacity of our morning buses overbooked from October onwards. That is why the PA has decided to start a new Bus Line S (South, or Sachenhausen?) from next Tuesday, 4 October. This is valid for the morning buses only.
The following stops will be served by the new bus line:
|07:25 h||Former Line A||01 – Südfriedhof West||Darmstädter Landstraße|
|07:30 h||Former Line A||02 – Darmstädter Landstraße Mitte||Darmstädter Landstraße|
|07:35 h||Former Line C||03 – Wasserweg||Wasserweg|
|07:40 h||Former Line O||04 – European Central Bank – Visitors Parking||Sonnemannstraße|
As you can see the departure times are mostly unchanged with the exception of the departure from the ECB which will be 15 minutes later than previously. This is made possible because the bus no longer needs to pick up children on the way from the ECB to the school. The parents of children using the stops have been informed.
I hope and expect that everything will run smoothly. Our school bus provider, Urberacher Omnibusbetrieb, has the experience to run the new line without problems, and the school security as well as the teachers who pick up children in the morning are or will be informed.
All the best
PA Activities Coordinator
- Published: 30 August 2016 30 August 2016
- Hits: 2830 2830
l'associazione dei genitori della scuola europea di Francoforte porge le più sentite condoglianze alla nazione italiana e, in particolare, come genitori, alle famiglie colpite dal lutto di piccole vite rimaste vittime del tragico terremoto avvenuto di recente in Italia.
Ci auguriamo per tutte le persone così duramente colpite dal terremoto che le autorità italiane intervengano in modo rapido ed efficace per alleviare la vita quotidiana della popolazione e che adotteranno le misure necessarie per minimizzare in avvenire i danni causati da possibili futuri terremoti.
The Parents Association of the European School Frankfurt extend condolences to the Italian nation and in particular, as parents, to the mourning parents of children who were hurt or killed by the recent tragic earthquake disaster in Italy.
We hope for all those affected that the Italian authorities will provide quick and effective remedies to make the lives of those affected a lot easier, and will also enact the necessary measures to minimise the risks of such losses of lives in the future in case of future earthquakes.
- Published: 02 September 2016 02 September 2016
- Hits: 3352 3352
Summer holidays come to an end at the ESF next Monday. The nine-week break has been used for renovation and repair works as well as improvements of the infrastructure. Thus, students and teachers can enjoy a new surface on the sport field. Furthermore, the free-flow concept has been introduced at the canteen of the Secondary Cycle by putting in new seating, creating self-service facilities and offering one of the three choices as freshly prepared meal. Children in Pre-Primary and Primary 1 will benefit from newly installed air-conditioning in the South facing classrooms of the Modular Building.
- Published: 20 July 2016 20 July 2016
- Hits: 2891 2891
Due to increased demand there has been some redesign for the afternoon school bus lines:
- We are now offering three afternoon bus lines: Line A to Sachsenhausen, Line O to the new ECB premises, and Line W to Westend and Willy-Brandt-Platz. The bus stops we offer remain unchanged, and children already registered will be allocated to the correct bus line. It will remain important that children registered for a specific bus stop are picked up at this stop.
- We are now also offering three departure times every day:
- 15:20h Monday-Thursday, 13:10h Friday (end of school for PP and Primary classes)
- 16:25h Monday-Friday (end of school for Secondary classes)
- 17:30h Monday-Friday. This late departure has been added after parents remarked that it will make their lives easier - they will not have to hire babysitters for the time between the arrival of the bus and the end of their work day.
We hope that our extended services will meet your demands and those of your children.